Sunday, June 1, 2008

WE MISS YOU BUDSKY! 10/21/24-05/31/06




It is not often that a man comes into this world and has a greater effect on it when he leaves but our friend Bud did. He was a beautiful person and we miss him, the world misses him. When he passed We felt emotions that I did not understand, and as I sat next to him holding his hand with my left and his head with my right my heart ached and I tried to think of anything I could do to stay off the inevitable. I was not ready for him to go but as he had told me many times before he was ready to be with his "Tweety" (His Wife). I held his hand and kissed his cheek, thanked him and told him how much I would miss him and a few moments later he was gone.

The day before he passed away Laura and I were in his room and he asked me to shave his beard. He had been in bed for a couple of days and so it was pretty long, I got out his electric razor and began to shave away, I got about half way and stopped as Bud was telling Laura about when he had first bought the razor. He and I were in the kitchen and he wanted to test it out to make sure you could use it without water ( we bought like 10 different electric razors non of which ever worked for him) So I pulled up my pant leg and shaved my legs with it at the kitchen counter, my legs were smooth- so he was convinced and kept the razor! After he told this story we all were laughing so hard he looked at me shook his head and said "Oh Becky-Baby" as he often called me, I had only made it halfway through shaving his beard which was not satisfactory for him, so he quickly reminded me of my chore by saying " Eh Um are you going to finish" and I did it took me a while, but I did.
The day Bud passed away I arrived at his house about 10:30am. We knew at that point that today was the day, and I was not sure how to feel but Bud had made me promise him several times that I would be there and so I made sure that I was. By the time I arrived Bud was in an unconscious state. He had not opened his eye's or spoken since about 4:00am. I sat next to him for the next couple of hours and just held his hand. At some point in the afternoon there were several people in the room and we were all exchanging stories and memories, I decided to tell Bud and my favorite story which involved me being pinned between a not feeling so well Bud and his bed, and we were stuck there until the physical therapist came in, trust me its a hilarious story, but as I was telling this story I could feel his grip on my hand getting tighter, by the end of the story everyone in the room was laughing and bud lifted my hand up to his lips and kissed it. It was the first sign in hours that he was still there with us and one of the last!
Rob and I talk about him often and all of the funny memories we have with him, all the crazy trips we took, and the different parts of the world he introduced us to. I often long to see him and I know that all I have to do is close my eye's and sleep in dream and he will visit before the nights end. WE LOVE YOU and Miss YOU!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I think Bud got such a kick out of you and made the time he had left on this Earth, that much better. You were honored to have him in your life but he was equally honored to have you in his.