Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Little Golfer and Pink Toes

It's been a while since we have had time to post. Mostly we have been busy enjoying the awesome summer nights at the golf course. We have been hitting a bucket at least three times a week and then practicing our putting on the greens. We are a pretty competitive couple so we have made it all into a competition, needless to say I have been consistently losing to Rob by at least 8 holes, it is really ticking me off but I think I am improving! The other night when we were there there was a dad there with his two young kids, his son was about 7 and his little girl was about 4. The kids each had their own golf sets but the dad did not have his so we let him borrow our putter. This little girl captured our hearts and we just fell in love with her, especially when she tried to carry her own clubs. As she loaded them up she nearly tipped over but a few steps backward and her dads helping hand were enough for her to catch her balance- We couldn't help ourselves so with her fathers permisson we snapped a picture - It just makes us that much more excited to have our own little caddies - hopfully someday soon!


Tonight however we missed out on our new found tradition and opted for minor surgery instead. Rob's foot has been bothering him for about a week and when I saw it tonight his big toe was bright red and swollen, so I made him go into the instacare to get it checked out, and trust me convincing him was not easy but after several promises that all they would do is give him some antibiotics (something that turned out to be a total lie) I had him in the car. As soon as the Dr. saw it she told him right away that she was going to have to cut into the toe and cut out the ingrown nail. For those of you who know my big strong and very brave husband you may know he is terrified of needles- so terrified that he has passed out and vomited at the site of them so as you can imagine he was not too happy with me and my broken promises. After seven shots, all in the big Toe, he was numbed up and the Dr. cut into his toe, even she could not believe the puss that came out! She cleaned it out and then cut out a piece of nail that I can only described as a bone fragment. This thing was as thick as the prong on a fork and as long as my first knuckle. The poor kid- I felt Terrible, but I will say he does look Pretty in Pink!




3 comments:

Merrills said...

My goodness you have a new pet! Poor Rob I hope his toe feels better!

Carmen (Cholico) Lynch said...

ouch!

Bridget said...

Been there done that. Although I don't remember a "cast" on my toe, especially a pink one. I guess they only give that to the really brave people.